Safety breach during camping expedition

A London borough council has been sentenced for a serious safety breach after a 15 year-old girl was engulfed in a fireball from a cooking stove during a school camping expedition.

After the hearing, HSE inspector John Crookes said: “… Councils, schools and voluntary groups that organise camping trips involving the use of highly flammable stove fuel must ensure they implement effective precautions to prevent the ignition of fuel or vapour …”

To read the full article, click here: https://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2013/rnn-ldn-02113.htm?eban=govdel-press-release&cr=25-Jan-2013